Saturday, May 15, 2010

Few Tips to Quit Drinking Alcohol

Advice When Someone Is Planning to Quit Alcohol
There are millions of people who are hooked to alcohol and want to quit drinking because they know there are lots of consequences and problems associated in drinking too much. Binge drinking only brings problems and we know it for sure. But the question is how can we quit drinking alcohol on our own? Or is it possible to give up the habit even without help from rehabilitation centers or facilities? Can we beat alcoholism and recover from its side effects by ourselves?

It is not easy to stop a habit that has been there for a very extensive time. The decision to quit drinking seems to be very difficult particularly for those people who are abusing the substance on a very long period of time. Alcohol may have created a strong dependency thus making it harder to put off. But once you are determined to kick away the terrible habit, you may find it a little bit easier than you expected. But prepare yourself for the adjustments as your body will react to it and you may experience a lot of withdrawal symptoms that can affect your decision to twist. Let us discuss some things that you can expect when you quit drinking alcohol.

A lot of individuals can give up drinking alcohol even without assistance from alcohol rehabilitation center or support groups. They can easily come out of the situation and recover from it quickly and naturally. But for those people who have been abusing alcohol for quite sometime now, the procedures may be complicated and it will take longer time to be treated. However, after managing the first stage, the level of difficulty may decrease and they can go on with their lives as normal as other people who have the same drinking problems.

My experience can speak to you about this matter. I, too, was hooked to alcohol and my you can say that my life gets worst as days go by. My life is a mess and I need to find a way to get out of the terrible mess alcohol created in my social and personal life. I tried many times to quit drinking alcohol but as the saying goes, it is easier said than done. I found out that it is very difficult to fight back especially if your fighting against you own will. I had to admit that I came to a point in my life that I lost hope that I can bring my life back to where I want it to be. Imagine how desperate I become when I experience relapse and back to drinking again.

But I am good now. I realized it is just a matter of self discipline and motivation to get out of alcohol addiction and live a life free from alcohol. Here are some tips to quit drinking alcohol that you will find useful in general. But you must understand, people have different kinds of condition and it means the steps I used to quit drinking will and may not be suitable, helpful and effective to you. Always ask a medical doctor to ensure the smoothness of your withdrawal.

You must admit you have drinking problems. This is the most difficult part. I found it very hard to accept my drinking problems. I always pretend that there is nothing wrong with my drinking patterns and that I can easily stop this behavior if I want to. The result is that I slowly bite the bait and continue to be hooked to alcohol without being aware of it. People who really want to get out of alcohol should first and foremost accept that he got problems. He should also accept that he needs help to quit drinking alcohol in order to recover from all the things linked to drinking too much or binge drinking. Many people can’t make it to success due to the fact that they deny their problems and do not seek for help in the first place.

Ask yourself why you are abusing alcohol. There are many reasons why people binge drink and why they tend to get drunk uncontrollably. In my case, I realized that I abuse alcohol or binge drink due to depression and anxiety. I want to forget my problems so I tend to drink even if I know there are troubles that might happened after the session. You should analyze your situation, too. You should be aware of the reason why you drink too much. And after that, you must make a commitment to yourself that you will avoid that event in order to quit drinking and solve the drinking problems. Ask questions like why do you continue to drink even if you know it can destroy your life and the lives of other people who you love and care?

Seek Support and Medical Assistance. No matter how strong you are, you need help from others to quit drinking alcohol. It may be coming from family or friends and medical doctors who fully understand your condition. You need clinical interventions especially if you are diagnosed as heavy drinkers or have chronic case. Alcohol withdrawal symptoms may occur and can put your health on danger.

Motivate yourself. You will put into action all the methods that you choose. In this case, no one can help you but you. You need to be well motivated to constantly walk on the right path of stopping drinking. If you don’t have enough motivations, you will then go back to what you are doing – abusing alcohol.

I know it is not easy doing all these tips to quit drinking alcohol but as you go along with the flow of procedures, you can easily adapt the process in which can help you to quit drinking alcohol. Don’t give up and always remember, no guts, no glory.

No comments:

About this Blog

I want to share all my experiences being an alcoholic before. it is possible to QUIT DRINKING ALCOHOL now and live a healthier, normal and productive life. I would like to give you some tips and techniques I've learned on how to give up the habit.

Trivia On Alcoholism

39% of eight graders

58% of tenth graders

72% of twelfth graders

----report they have tried alcohol at least once in their lifetime. STOP UNDERAGE DRINKING! The Century Council